Monday, March 25, 2013

Meatless Monday Meet-up at Sweetgrass

One of my favorite local restaurants in Tarrytown, NY, Sweet Grass Grill has a weekly Meatless Monday tasting menu, so I've been setting up monthly meet-ups to take advantage of it.  Lately, they've had even more vegan options and sometimes a whole vegan Monday menu including dessert.  Woo-hoo!

The Beet Sliders were amazing.   What was really cool was that it was a slab of beet, not mixed all up like a ground burger.  It was perfectly chewy and wonderfully flavored.  This is a winner.  The indian spiced polenta fries were also delish with curry ketchup.  I totally stole the restaurant's photo.  Mine had a nice bite out of it and bad lighting.  I'll have to bug them next time for whatever bright space they used for this pic.


Vegan Monday Menu


 I forgot to ask why this was called a lollipop salad.  I dig kumquats.  Sweet on the outside sour on the inside. I hadn't thought to throw them in a salad before.  This was also nice.  We also had a healthy debate over the spelling on the menu.


Munched on beet burger...


  Dessert was chocolate espresso polenta.  It was dense and chocolatey and probably good for you.  A great way to end an evening.

The picky vegan was there as always, and I also met the Food Duo.  We'll all be in Portland in May for vegan blog-a-con! 


2 comments:

JL Goes Vegan said...

So happy to see that vegan menu! I'll be back in September for a wedding and hope I can make it back for that (of course C-79, Blossom, Foodswings and Sacred Chow are on my list, too) :)

YAY - I'm so glad all of you will be at VVC - I can't wait to see you!

Jodie said...

I had an awesome time, Jen!