Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Candle Cafe at home (or work) Seitan Piccata!

I was grabbing a few vegan Kashi frozen meals for the office when I spied a familiar logo at the bottom of the Whole Foods freezer.  Can this be?  It's Candle Cafe's seitan piccata in frozen form!


I made it for lunch today.  I don't have a microwave at home, but they're pretty darn handy at work.  Five minutes later, I enjoyed my haute cuisine at my desk.


Sure it's no substitute for the lovely ambiance of Candle Cafe or Candle 79, but as far as freezer food goes this was DELICIOUS!  At only 210 calories, this is some serious lean cuisine.  I think they're usually about $6, but they were 2 for $9 with $1 off each coupon, so I got a super deal going on here.  

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Cool! We started getting the Candle Cafe desserts here in Arkansas. So maybe we'll get the frozen meals, too; hope so.

x said...

This is the second blog I've see the CC frozen meals on. I wish we had something like that avail. here.

Gillian said...

I was going to blog about this, too - I was SO excited to find Candle Cafe's vegan mac 'n cheese meal at Whole Foods (the Chelsea store). And it contains no soy cheese, which is really impressive. Every time I've been back to WFM since, they've been out though...There is always next time - and another WFM store...

Tai said...

2 for 9 sounds like a great deal! Just gotta make sure it gets scanned that way ;) lol
I have yet to try this one but the ravioli was yummy!