Friday, November 7, 2008

Pantry Raid day 7 - Pasta again

I forgot my lunch today and my boss was supposed to take me to a lunch meeting, but we got busy. So, I managed to survive on some snacks I had in the office. Oatmeal with raisins, sesame stix, trail mix, fruit leather, vegetable broth, a granola bar and a larabar. Now, that's actually plenty of food, but not an actual meal. So when I got home, I was starving and wanted something hearty and filling.

Good thing I had some leftover pasta already waiting. Now, I rarely just reheat, so I added some soft tofu that made kind of like a rose sauce. Also some basil that I had previously chopped up and mixed with olive oil. Then just because I'm a sucker for my fancy olive oil, I drizzled some of that over it. I could actually taste it with the other sauce stuff. Just goes to show that good olive oil is worth it.

No comments: